How We Use Your Information
The personal information, provided by you (or anyone acting on your behalf), is collected by or on our behalf and may be used by us, our employees, agents and service providers acting under our instruction for the purposes of insurance administration, insurance mediation, claims handling, research or for statistical purposes.
We may process your information for a number of different purposes. For each purpose we must have a legal ground for such processing. When the information that we process is classed as ‘special category data’, we must have a specific additional legal ground for such processing.
Generally, we will rely on the following legal grounds:
- It is necessary for us to process your personal information to provide you with your pet insurance policy and services related to it. We will rely on this for activities such as assessing your application, managing your policy, handling claims and providing other services to you.
- We have an appropriate business need to process your personal information and such business need does not cause harm to you. We will rely on this for activities such as maintaining our business records and developing, improving the products and services we provide.
- We have a legal or regulatory obligation to use such personal information.
- We need to use such personal information to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- You have provided your consent to our use of your personal information, including special category data.
How we share your information
In order to sell, manage and provide pet insurance products and services, prevent fraud and comply with legal and regulatory requirements, we may need to share your information with the following types of third parties:
- Regulators and Authorised/Statutory Bodies
- Credit reference agencies
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Crime prevention agencies, including the police
- Suppliers carrying out a service on our behalf
- Insurers, business partners and agents
- Other companies within the Covéa Insurance Group
We will not use your information or pass it on to any other person for the purposes of marketing further products or services to you unless you have consented to this.
Fraud Prevention and Detection
In order to prevent or detect fraud and money laundering we may check your details with various fraud prevention agencies, who may record a search. Searches may also be made against insurers’ databases. If fraud is suspected, information will be shared with those insurers. Other users of the fraud prevention agencies may use this information in their own decision making processes.
We may use automated tools with decision making to assess your application for insurance and for claims handling processes. If you object to an automated decision, we may not be able to offer you an insurance quotation.
How to Contact Us
The Data Protection Officer, Sterling Client Services Limited, 50 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4JX or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information of visitors using our website. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this website with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.